Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eyes > Stomach

So on the cutthroat trip, Chad had some real success using a big nasty Tarantula tied up by a local expert. Even this tiny minnow couldn't resist, despite the fact that the fly was bigger than its head. I say hats off to him for having the guts to try and eat something that probably could have eaten him if it was real.

You've probably determined that the catching of this tiny bait fish presented a real dilemma for me. I never let Chad catch the biggest fish of the trip, so how could I in good conscience let him catch the smallest? It bothered me so much I had to go out the next day and capture this beauty, which is a good 2 mm shorter than Chad's sardine.

I also caught two of the prettiest fish ever, a couple of Uintah cutt-bows. They had the markings of a redband rainbow, but with the glowing copper sheen of a fine-spot cutthroat. Throat slashes to top it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment